We have evaluated over 50 diets through online research and speaking to various dietary health experts. To be top-rated, a diet has to be safe, relatively easy to follow, nutritious and effective for weight loss. We believe any best diet at a minimum has to be stellar at preventing diabetes and heart disease.
We have videos from experts and people just like you and me who give their opinions and guidance on what best diets have been working for them and could work for you too, dependant on your weight loss goals, time and commitment.
Want to know how to lose weight fast? There are so many diet plans out there, but which diets help you lose weight quickly?
If you have an occasion coming up and you need a quick fix diet that works, or perhaps you’ve been planning to diet for a while and you just want to lose weight fast, there are a few different diet plans you could try.
9 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area.
- Drink coffee or tea. If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine can in them boost your metabolism by 3–11%.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
- Weigh yourself every day. Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are much more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.